Sciatica Pain Relief Treatment with Chiropractic Care in Wheat Ridge, Lakewood and Edgewater
Sciatica causes sharp, shooting from the lower back, into the buttocks, hip and down the leg. It can also cause numbness, tingling, burning and weakness in the affected leg, making it hard to walk or stand. Often, sitting down feels even worse! Yet, sciatica isn’t a standalone condition—it’s a symptom of a pinched sciatic nerve. If sciatica sounds too familiar, schedule an appointment with our Lakewood, Edgewater and Wheat Ridge chiropractor at Well Beings Chiropractic Family Health for natural, drug-free pain relief care: 303.238.6500
Causes of Sciatica Back and Leg Pain
The tingling, numbness, weakness, leg and back pain of sciatica can be a symptom of several root problems. A clear diagnosis will determine the best course of treatment for these common causes of sciatica:
- Spinal subluxation—Poor posture or a sudden injury can misalign one or more of the lumbar vertebrae, causing sciatic nerve compression. Sciatica is a common symptom that points to this problem, and a spinal exam from your chiropractor can diagnose this condition.
- Herniated disc—Another very common cause of sciatica symptoms is a disc injury in the lower back. The outer covering of a disc may split from long-term pressure or an injury, causing the nucleus material from inside the disc to protrude out toward the sciatic nerve.
- Injury—A sudden, traumatic injury, like a sports or car accident injury can suddenly cause a subluxation that leads to sciatica symptoms.
- Pregnancy—The rapid shift in the center of gravity for pregnant moms often causes lower back pain and sciatica. In fact, more than half of pregnant moms report lower back pain or sciatica during their pregnancies, but they need a drug-free, natural solution for pain relief to protect themselves and their babies from harmful drug interactions. Pregnancy chiropractic care can provide drug-free relief.
- Spinal stenosis—More common in older adults, the passage allowing the spinal cord to pass through the vertebrae narrows, pinching the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis—A small stress fracture in lower vertebrae can cause disc and sciatic nerve compression.
Your Lakewood, Edgewater and Wheat Ridge chiropractor will carefully check your spine and diagnose the underlying problem causing your sciatic nerve irritation.
Your Chiropractor for Drug Free Sciatica Recovery Treatment
Chiropractic care is one of the best natural treatment options for sciatica pain because it addresses the root causes of sciatic nerve compression to provide drug-free pain relief. Using precise chiropractic adjustment techniques, your chiropractor can restore proper spinal alignment to relive the sciatic nerve for a natural recovery.
See the Chiropractor Wheat Ridge, Lakewood and Edgewater Sciatica Patients Trust
If back pain shoots into leg pain, numbness and tingling, it could be sciatica. Get answers and drug free pain relief treatment for your sciatic nerve today! Schedule an appointment at Well Beings Chiropractic Family Health and talk with our chiropractor about your effective, drug-free pain relief options for total sciatica recovery today: 303.238.6500.