Fixing Bad Posture and Poor Ergonomic Habits Your Chiropractor in Wheat Ridge, Edgewater and Lakewood
Sometimes pain relief and injury prevention are as easy as using proper posture. Unfortunately, bad posture and poor ergonomic situations are easy to slouch into—until back pain, neck pain and headaches strike. If you live in Lakewood, Edgewater or Wheat Ridge, chiropractor Dr. Jacob Fletcher provides skillful posture treatment and teaches you smart ergonomic habits for drug-free pain relief that’s safe for everyone including kids and pregnant moms. Schedule an appointment for chiropractic care today: 303.238.6500.
Chiropractic Care Resolves Symptoms of Poor Posture
Any number of pains stem from nerves pinched, muscles strained or discs squeezed by poor posture. These symptoms indicate a need for chiropractic care and adjustment:
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Uneven walking gait
- Uneven shoulder or knee alignment
- Pelvis tilts forward
- Irregular spinal curvature
- Excessive forward head position
Office Ergonomics Tips
If you sit at a desk most of the day, use these ergonomics tips to sit without pain and injury. (Note: you can use these posture tips in your car and at home too).
- Use an adjustable chair that rises or lowers so you can comfortably rest your feet on the floor with your knees at a 90-degree angle (or use a footrest).
- If your office chair doesn’t have lumbar support, get a lumbar cushion that straps to the chair.
- Sit up with your back straight, shoulders relaxed, head directly over your shoulders while looking straight ahead—adjust monitor height if necessary.
- Use a keyboard tray so your elbows bend at a 90-degree angle.
- If possible, get an ergonomic keyboard to keep your wrists in a comfortable, neutral position while typing.
- Get up to stretch and walk around every 30 minutes.
- Get help to lift heavy objects—use your legs to lift, not your back.
- Check in with your chiropractor regularly for personalized tips and posture correction treatment.
Pregnancy Posture Pointers
During pregnancy, women should follow all the above tips, particularly the regular chiropractic care appointments to maintain excellent posture and get drug-free pain relief. Your growing child will benefit from your healthy nervous system function, and delivery may go faster and easier:
- Sleep on your side, hugging a body pillow between your knees and under your belly.
- Try to vary your position frequently while awake—from sitting to walking to standing. Use all the sitting rules previously mentioned if you work in an office.
Proper Posture for Sleeping
- Body pillows aren’t just for pregnancy! A pillow between the knees prevents overnight spine twisting.
- Use a mattress that keeps your spine in neutral position, whether you sleep on your side or back.
- Use a pillow that keeps your neck and head aligned with the rest of your spine.
Tech Neck Avoidance
- Hold your phone at eye-level by resting your elbows on your chest, table, or a pillow.
- Don’t jam your phone to your ear with your shoulder—use a Bluetooth device.
- Don’t use your mobile device for lengthy texts or emails.
The Posture Correction Chiropractor Wheat Ridge, Edgewater and Lakewood Families Trust
Schedule an appointment with your Edgewater, Lakewood and Wheat Ridge chiropractor Dr. Fletcher today for a posture assessment, correction and ergonomics training. Chiropractic care provides drug-free pain relief and injury treatment for everyone in the family: 303.238.6500.