She’s UNLUCKY because she has a bad back. He’s LUCKY because he can eat anything he wants.
He’s UNLUCKY because he has diabetes. She’s LUCKY because she can run a mile.
Sound familiar? We often try to pass off our dis-ease or health problems in terms of LUCKY or UNLUCKY. But what if we looked at this from a different perspective? What if instead of blaming – the good and the bad – on luck, we took control and actively participated in the desired outcome? We can’t eliminate diabetes or a bad back overnight, and it won’t be the same journey for every person, but we need to be the change we want to see.
One definition of health that we like at Well Beings Chiropractic is “a dynamic state of wholeness in which your body can accurately perceive its constantly changing needs, and respond appropriately in a timely manner.” This definition resonates with us because, the nervous system, housed inside the spine, is responsible for the appropriate and timely adaptation of our “whole” body. If your nervous system is not working at 100%, your body has less than 100% ability to appropriately adapt and function. CHIROPRACTIC allows your nervous system to function at its highest capacity so that your body has the ability to appropriately adapt and achieve TRUE HEALTH.
- Drink more water – our body is 70% water so we need to stay hydrated!
- Get enough rest – in general adults require between 6-8 hours of sleep, you need to determine the right amount for you.
- Be active – it doesn’t matter what you do, just as long as you keep moving!
- Eat slower and be more mindful – this will aid digestion, allow you to fully enjoy your nourishment and most likely will keep you from overeating.
- Get rid of negative influences – keep a list of things that you know you shouldn’t be doing, but are still doing (anything from smoking to volunteering for every school activity) and slowly start to cut down and let go.
- Know your reasons – Perhaps one of the most important items for true change. Without conviction, your resolve may waiver.
- Create a wellness plan – what do you want your health to look like in 6 months? 2 years? Create monthly goals of nutrition and exercise and enlist your chiropractor and other healthcare providers to help you achieve your goals.
- Get adjusted – make sure your spine and nervous system are working optimally!
With a little LUCK, you may be able to get in to see your favorite Lakewood, Colorado family and prenatal chiropractors, Dr. Jacob or Dr. Maura, today!