Happy Father’s Day to all the dads, granddads, uncles, brothers, moms who are also dads, and the dads to be. What a job it is to be a dad. I am very fortunate and blessed to be married to Jacob who is an absolutely amazing father to Jack. In honor of Father’s Day I thought I would write a note to Jacob from his son, Jack. I am writing as if I were Jack imagining what he might say if he had the words to say them.
Dear Daaaaaaaaaaaaa,(Jack speak for Dad)
Thank you for guiding me on this journey of life. I couldn’t have chosen a better Dad to show me the way. I have a lot to thank you for in such a short time.
Thank you for:
- Working so hard so that mom can stay home with me. I know that you miss me when you go to work.
- Caring so much about my health.
- Making me YUMMY green drinks in the morning and letting me figure out how to drink them on my own out of a big boy cup.
- Helping me go back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I just need a cuddle and to know you and mom are ok in your room.
- Playing with me. We have such fun adventures.
- DANCE PARTIES. That is one of my favorite parts of my day.
- Teaching me about gardening and letting me help.
- Reading me bedtime stories. You are the best at Goodnight Moon!
- Making bath time so much fun.
- Letting me hug you even though my hands are covered in whatever it is I was eating.
- Loving me unconditionally.
- Most of all, thanks for loving my mom!
Happy day to you, Dad! You are the BEST DAD EVER!
Editorial note: I couldn’t agree with Jack more! Happy Father’s Day, Jacob! We love you.